Java Collections Framework:
What is Java Collections Framework? (Must Know)
Java Collections Framework is group of different interfaces, classes and algorithms. In simple word, Collection means single unit of objects and framework means good architecture.
It is best architecture to store group of reusable objects and manipulate them. Collection framework has many different interfaces, their sub interfaces and classes, their classes and sub classes. All the interfaces and classes has different purpose.
You can perform add, edit, delete, search, sort, etc operations on group of objects as per class's methods and implementation.
Main Advantages Of Collection Framework
- Main advantage of collection framework is it will reduces your programming efforts as there are ready made interfaces, classes and their methods which you can use directly in your program to perform operation on object collection.
- Collection is well structure framework so you code quality and speed will be increased.
- Anyone can use collection very easily as it's interfaces, classes and methods very easy to understand and use.
Goals of Java Collections Framework
The collections framework was designed to meet several goals, such as −
- The framework had to be high-performance. The implementations for the fundamental collections (dynamic arrays, linked lists, trees, and hashtables) were to be highly efficient.
- The framework had to allow different types of collections to work in a similar manner and with a high degree of interoperability.
- The framework had to extend and/or adapt a collection easily.
Detailed description of collection framework's interfaces and it's classes is given on below given pages.
- Java Collection Interface
- Java List Interface
- Java ArrayList Class
- LinkedList In Java
- Vector Class In Java
- Stack Class in Java
- Java Queue Interface
- Java PriorityQueue Class
- Java Deque Interface
- Java ArrayDeque Class
- Java Set Interface And Methods
- Java LinkedHashSet Class
- HashSet in Java Collection Example
- Java SortedSet Interface
- Java TreeSet Class
Follow my blog for More Free Selenium Tutorials to for beginners and professionals.
If Interested book your Selenium Certification to be a professional in Testing.